Wednesday, November 24, 2010

31 Days



So, I am starting this blog today because I have 31 days to make as many quilts as I can to give as Christmas gifts.  While this may not sound that challenging, there is actually a minimum of at least 9 quilts: I have 4 sisters, plus my Mom, plus a niece, plus a niece on the way, a mother-in-law, and a brother.  These are just the "must make" quilts.  Also, they are for my family's craft competition (full explanation will be posted on what this entails--it's ridiculous), which will be on December 23rd.  The craft competition gets pretty heated (there will be trash talk at the Thanksgiving table), and I have already upped the ante by telling everyone how I am the one to beat this year (total number of competitors: 6).

(front of quilt)


It's almost 10am, I have cut enough blocks for baby quilt #2 (see picture above, some of the blocks), so I will continue my sewing and leave you with a couple pictures of baby quilt #1 (minus binding)--which is actually my first quilt ever!

(back of quilt #1)

Thanks for stopping by, and please stay tuned, because I have a lot of great and different quilts coming-up, and I would love your advice, feedback, and to share the insane journey the next 31 days (and beyond--I am totally hooked on quilting) has in store....

No comments:

Post a Comment