Monday, November 29, 2010

Fun With Charm Packs



I took a break from making star quilts (I am thinking of possibly posting a tutorial on how to make star blocks, maybe later this week), and had some fun with charm packs.  For the quilt above, I used Lollipop, by Moda, which has great colorful fabrics and some really cute prints.  I posted a few days ago on the monkey fabric that isn't included in the charm pack (but that's my personal favorite), so I bought a 1/2 yard of the "monkeys in the lollipop tree" fabric and made additional 5" squares (isn't the blue square in the center adorable?).....



I also really liked the fish fabric, so I bought a 1/2 yard of the brown fish fabric and cut 5" squares from that as well (see picture below--which also shows a little of the red fish fabric).  I also bought some fabric in solids that matched the color scheme of the Lollipop fabrics, and ended up adding about 70 5" blocks to 2 charm packs. 


I am really loving the finished look to the quilt top.  I am hoping to add a backing & quilt this by the weekend (along with a couple other works in progress). 
 This might be a hard one to give as a gift.  I am really loving the colors and the fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment