Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Quilt Top


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I decided to whip-up a few charm pack quilt tops, just to get things rolling, since my family's Christmas craft competition is only about 3 weeks away, and I have a lot of quilts I am hoping to complete.  So, for a sister who loves Christmas more than anyone I know (she taught in high school for a while, and she would go so overboard for Christmas that one of her students seriously thought she was an elf--I kid you not), a Christmas quilt seemed appropriate (she will probably have it out from September through March).

I used 2 charm packs of Moda's "12 Days of Christmas" fabric, and added an equal number of white 5" squares, which I cut myself (with a rotary and mat, it really doesn't take long).  I like the finished top, and I bought a matching fabric for the backing online (from here, which is having a great sale on select fabrics).  I hope to add the backing and have this quilted by the end of this weekend....


I really love some of these prints--they are Christmas-y without being too Christmas-y (if that makes any sense).

I hope you are all enjoying your holiday preparations....  I am having a blast with all of my quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment