Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Zig Zag Charm Pack Quilt

My youngest sister just moved into her first apartment, and I visited it over Thanksgiving weekend.  She did a beautiful job decorating it, but I think she could use a little something to spruce-up her couch, such as a zig-zag throw quilt:


Gosh, I love zig zags.  I made this one using 2 of Moda's "It's a Hoot" charm packs, and I cut a matching number of white 5" squares.  If anyone would like to see a tutorial on making zig zag quilts, drop me a comment and I will be happy to add one!  It's easy and sews-up really fast.  I arranged the fabrics roughly by color, and I really like the way it came out.

I am thinking about whether I want to add a border or not.  Any suggestions?
I hope you are enjoying your day!  Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. I'd love a tutorial on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is beautiful! Do you think the sidekick would work with this pattern? Back to read the blog ;). Love love live these colors

      Delete
  2. hi, have you posted a tutorial on this gorgeous zig zag quilt yet? Please please do!! I think I get how to do it but would love to see your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt!! My daughter would too. Please post a tutorial. By the way, I know its been a while since you posted this, I think borders would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd LOVE a tutorial on this. Some post their quilts on Flicker but that doesn't help me understand how something is done. Love the zig zag look.

    ReplyDelete