Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Apron Quilt


My mother is crazy about two things....  Aprons and she loves vintage buttons.  So, the backing of the quilt is pictured above, and I think they look just like red, pink, blue and green buttons!  I think she'll get a kick out of it.

The front of the quilt has her other favorite thing:


Lots of aprons!  I cannot even begin to describe how much work this one was, so I am just going to let the pictures do the talking.  Here are a bunch:






And a few close-ups of individual blocks:









I could go on and on.  This quilt made me the most frustrated, and I even managed to pin the binding onto the front of the quilt, then sew it 3/4 of the way around the quilt before I realized my mistake (and it was after a long day of quilting, so I just went with it, made sure to be super careful sewing the binding onto the back, and it actually came out perfectly anyway!  So, my laziness actually paid off!).

Ok, one more picture before I start wrapping....


I think my mother will get a kick out of it.....

2 comments:

  1. I am truly a beginner as I don't know where you said you made a mistake. This is the cutest quilt ever and I'm sure your mom just loved it to pieces!! I love the detail on your aprons. You are such a good daughter!!

    ReplyDelete