Saturday, December 4, 2010

Must. Keep. Quilting

I have been quilting this whole morning, and this is what I have to show for it.....



A quilted and squared-off 12-block quilt (now I understand why giving someone a quilt is the greatest gift you could possibly give--it takes FOREVER to complete one, and after that kind of labor of love, only really special people deserve the product of your efforts).



Then, I matched some backings with quilt tops....


I almost took off a finger (see the gear on the right--the black knobby thing--well, it's not my friend right now).


And I discovered an awesome trick when basting a quilt so your fingers aren't screaming in pain from having to pin all of those pins....  Use a flathead screwdriver....

Insert the pin...




Then use the flathead screwdriver to brace the pin as it comes through the fabric and use the flathead to help you clasp the pin.  I am sure someone has thought of this before, but it was a great moment for me when I figured this out....



Back to work.  I have that basted Lollipop quilt with my name on it.



Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment