Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tell Me This Isn't a Cool Quilt



I will give you the details on this one in another post, but, I was up past midnight sashing this and adding the border (my idea of giving quilts as Christmas gifts is getting a little crazy--it's a pretty time-consuming gift to give), and, though I had my doubts about the lime-green fabric (and thought it was totally ugly when I bought it, but went with it since it matched the colors of the quilt pretty well), I have to say I like the way it looks.  I am a little worried it might be a bit too busy, but I think I like it anyway.



And I love the fabric--the little toasters are too cute--I love them more every time I look at them.  Here are a few more of the blocks:





And one more of the finished quilt top....

I am off to my sewing class....  I will be picking a backing & will spend the next couple hours basting.  Still don't know how to do a quilt binding (that's next Thursday's class), but I am trying to finish as many quilt tops as I can (and hope to do some quilting over the weekend).

No comments:

Post a Comment