Thursday, November 25, 2010

Star Quilt Top #2 Done!!! And, Happy Thanksgiving!



It was a long day of quilting yesterday, but I finished my quilt top for my second (and final, that I know of) baby quilt.  I am a little worried that the fabrics are a bit too busy?  I know that the nursery has a pink/green theme, so I tried to work with that.  Anyway, here's a close-up of each block:




(sorry these pics are a little dark--it's night time and I am too excited to wait until there's bright sunlight to snap a few pictures)

I do like the fabrics individually, though.  The two floral patterns and the pink polka dots are from Moda's Breakfast at Tiffany's line, and the green flowers and polka dots are from Moda's Lollipop line (more about the Lollipop line of fabrics coming soon).  The sashing was done in Kona Butter (I think I was hungry when I went shopping for the sashing, so any food-named fabric would've been chosen; thankfully, I think the creamy butter tone suits the buttery off-white background of the floral fabrics).

Next week, I need to do some sashing on a 12-block quilt, with 3 of each: stars, pinwheels, and two other cool block designs.  Also, I want to complete a backing for the pink & green quilt pictured in this post, and I am thinking of incorporating a single star with some sashing around it?  Any suggestions?

I hope you have enjoyed your Thanksgiving!  Good luck with sale shopping tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment